The strategic partnership for innovation ¨Roma Health Care II¨ started its implementation on the 1st September, 2020. Its main goal is promotion of health literacy among Roma by trained health mediators, including the establishment of Community Health Education Centers. The project will be implemented by partner organizations and municipalities from Germany, Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Romania, and North Macedonia by the “Association for Roma community development – SUMNAL” and the Municipality of Bitola.
The Kick-off meeting took place in Plauen (Germany) from 03-10 October, 2020. During the meeting the partner organizations were introduced to the organizational issues and the history of the project, including a hand-over of the Outputs from the previous project to the new partners. Objectives and expected results from this project are:
- Curriculum for the education of Roma Health Mediators;
- Handbook for Health Mediators;
- Trained Health Mediators;
- Trained Multipliers;
- Local Health Action Plans for Roma and Model Action Plan.
The next meeting is planned to take place in Athens (Greece) from 28 May – 01 June, 2021.
Project reference number: 2020-1-DE02-KA204-007376
- JugendStil e.V. (coordinator) – Germany;
- BULGARSKA ASOCIACIYA PO SEMEYNO PLANIRANE I SEKSUALNO ZDRAVE (BFPA) – Bulgaria;
- Panhellenic Confederation of Greek Rom (ELLAN PASSE) – Greece;
- MUNICIPALITY OF HALANDRI – Greece;
- Humán Eröforrásért Egyesület (HEEDA) – Hungary;
- MUNICIPALITY OF MÉLYKÚT – Hungary;
- Association for Roma Community Development SUMNAL – North Macedonia;
- MUNICIPALITY OF BITOLA – North Macedonia;
- Asociatia Vox Civica – Romania;
- MUNICIPALITY OF BUZAU – Romania.